Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

Epc light on my vw jetta just came on while driving...w@

Customer Question

Epc light on my vw jetta just came on while driving...w@ should I do?can it be solved?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Noffin really...actually happened while driving during a heavy downfall...it stalled...had to put off the engine and put it back on....hasn't come up ever since then?
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: No....it has never stalled in any way...
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes...if that's feasible. ...will love to...how bad is the problem? Can it be sorted ones and for all
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing...
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: And that's because it hasn't come up since then
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Nothing else
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Kevin the roc light comes on if the car detests an issue with the electronic throttle of brake system . Turning car off and back on will normally cure for a short time . The inly way to find the cause is to have car plugged into a diagnostic machine and fault codes read . If the light is out and hasn't come back I would carry on but if it comes back have car plugged in and root cause investigated