vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2001 Jetta. Had a problem w/driver's side window

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Jetta. Had a problem w/driver's side window not going up or down; all other windows still working from master switch panel. Replaced the regulator & motor, put things back together, & now the door seems to be acting independently. Driver's door doesn't respond to key fob when unlocking/locking but other 3 do. BUT, now none of the windows respond to the master switch. The other 3 work at door switch ONLY after replacing the switch at each door. After replacing the master switch panel and all the fuses I could, the driver's window responds intermittently but only at first after unplugging to check wires inside door and replugging back in. If I let it sit for a while, it stops working again altogether. Have tried all the resets I could find online (including yours) and nothing is working. Aside from replacing the CCM, I'm at a loss. And even if I did replace CCM, I'm told I then have to take it to a VW dealer to reprogram the computer, of which there are none on the Big Island of Hawaii. Please help! :(
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. do you have a vag com scan tool? (VCDS)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not. I do have a Check Engine light that has had its codes read at a mechanics shop, but I'm not sure they are the same.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
vcds or vag com is needed to read the faults of the ccm module to see if the drivers door is communicating. i do believe you have a window motor module that is on the fritz but need scanner to trace out!!