internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.

Lost my key and had a locksmith make a new one. The car

Customer Question

Lost my key and had a locksmith make a new one. The car feels like it runs in second gear and sounds "loud". I was told I did a bad thing and now I need to know how it can be fixed or can I just drive in city below 40 mp while I look for a new car? The car is a vw golf 2000. I have had it for 8 yrs. and stopped going to VW dealerships after 4 years of "brutality". Can you help?
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Matt - VW tech.Where is the sounds coming from?When was the last time the transmission was serviced?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The sound is engine noise. I have no idea when the transmission was serviced and don't think I will check 8 years of receipts to find out. The noise changed immediately after thr lock was changed. One service man said there is a chip in the original key that is meant to prevent stealing.
There is no way by changing the key it will cause any damage to any part of the engine. This is impossible.I would recommend getting the transmission service by changing the fluid. Let's start with that first. Any auto repair will be able to do that.This is very important.Please rate me positive, thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Transmission was checked October 2013
how many miles does your car have?