Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

PLEASE HELP!! I have an 05 vw jetta 2.5 with codes P0037,

Customer Question

PLEASE HELP!! I have an 05 vw jetta 2.5 with codes P0037, P0102, P2257 and P2401. Took car to dealership where i was going to be charged over three grand. I was told i needed to replace timing chains, valve cover, rear seal etc. I replaced what was said to replace but i still have these codes. I don't know what to do at this point. I am about to buy an mass air flow and oxygen sensor. Will this help any??
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Veronica I do need some more information vin # ***** the vehicle.did you have the lock down tools to do the chains ?was the vehicle in an accident recently?please let me know Wolfgang
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
3VWSF71K85M617874
Yes - Mechanic did work, not myself
No accidents
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
sorry of the delay!! please check the underhood fuse box f10 see if the fuse is blown . if blown replace the fuse and then clear the faults then recheck!!please let me know!!!thanks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
hello checking up if you still need assistance!! if not.....I try to be online 365 days a year.I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.ThanksWolfgang
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry. Im still waiting for a response from the mechanic. Hopefully later today I'll reach out to you.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
ok