Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign& Domestic vehicles

My sun roof wont close, it almost closes all the way then it

Customer Question

My sun roof wont close, it almost closes all the way then it comes back open and goes back even further than it should, I used the emergency closer srew to close it but the back of the roof did not raise up once it was closed to the front
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried cleaning around all of the track thinking there may have been something holding it up, then it was getting dark and starting to rain so I just used an allen wrench and closed the roof
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
hi has the battery been disconnected recently or u had a complete loss of power because if u did , we have to reintiliaze the system so the roof knows where to stop and move .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No sir the battery has not been disconnect or has there been any loss of power
Since it is in the closed postion now, turn switch on, push ur finger on the roof button as your are closing it and hold it there for 10 sec and then push the roof button to open postion and let it open and after it opens hold you finger on the roof button for 10 sec and you can repeat twice if first time it didn't initialize ? as long as there is no obstruction on the track because any obstruction the motor senses it will reverse directions so make sure no debris in track if u have acess to an air hose u can try to blew the tracks of any debris that you cant see.
let me know how that works out for you , if it doesn't work we have to investigate a little more .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank u. I will try
You welcome sir
Hi, I hope you were happy with my service . A 5 STAR POSITIVE RATING IS APPRECIATED. Please let us know if u need anything else in the future .Thank You