vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Volkswagen Phaeton: i am looking volkswagen Phaeton

Customer Question

i am looking for a volkswagen Phaeton specialist . I I'm having a voltage problem. at times when the car is lowered and i park it ,the left batttery will go from 12v to 11 volts then it will tell me its cutting off the ac. i have replaced both batteries, the battery control computer and battery relay my tech charged my agm battery for me the car ran fine all weekend . I drove it this morning and after i parked it for an hour the voltage went down again .This afternoon i got in thencar raised the suspention back up and it started charging but the battery is still low.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang, factory Phaeton trained technician here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. do you have vag com? if so do you have the log of the scan test before clearing so i can see what faults you had . and then a new scan and log to compare. thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a vag com lite version it can scan most of the modules
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
lite version may not get all modules ! do you have a scan log before the 2 batteries were replaced ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No unfortunately, when the battery went dead i got it checked i think i really need to get the full program for the phaeton
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
yes highly recommended . sounds like a charging issue but it also my be compounded !! if you look at the premium service i do offer we can talk directly over the phone!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok i will look at it
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
got it just let me know!!