vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

My radio channels are not working on my stereo on my

Customer Question

Hi,My radio channels are not working on my stereo on my VW golf. How do I get to the root of the problem. Is it the antenna behind the stereo or is the fault elsewhere.My back screen was smashed
In an accident and I don't know if this has caused the issue. Since then I have always used AUX/CDs to listen to music but I would like to get my radio channels back. Can anyone help me with this?Car: VW Golf Mk6 09
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 months ago.
What exactly do you mean by back screen ?? do you mean the rear hatch glass?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The back windscreen if that makes sense
Ok that's the reason it's not working because you have reception grids in that glass and if it's damaged or broken the reception is lost . You will need to have that issue fixed to regain the reception . I hope this helps . Please don't forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there anything I can do to repair this?? What would I have to do?
You will need to replace the rear glass of it has been replaced make sure it was done correctly and make sure the antenna amplifiers where replaced . I hope this helps
Please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you