Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

My son is driving an 03 pulling a small trailer. He says there

Customer Question

My son is driving an 03 pulling a small trailer. He says there is white smoke coming out the rear end
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: He is on the highway pulling a 9x5 trailer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Want to know if it is ok to keep going or could be serious. He has been on the road an hour and has 2 more to go
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your VW.What year and model are we dealing with today?Is the smoke coming from the trailer or the vehicle?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jetta 03. From the car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello?
Are we talking about a little smoke or very noticeable?Has he checked the engine fluids yet? were they low?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
White and very noticeable. He just had engine checked. Says it smells like burned rubber almost
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are we still connected
I see. Ok then please do not let him drive the vehicle anymore until this can be checked by a professional repair shop. The last thing we need is a simple repair to turn into "you now need an Engine". Does he have a service like Triple A (AAA)?Or does your car Insurance have a breakdown service?
If you have more questions, please ask as I strive to give Excellent service. Also please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.
How did your son make it with the VW? Everything go ok?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HE moved his baggage out of the back seat and it went away. Seems like he was dragging his rear end. All seems to be ok but I told him to take it back it to be sure. Thanks
My pleasure and I am glad to hear that it wasn't something too serious. Better to be cautious than not. Thank you for allowing me to help, please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.