vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I just took my 2015 Passat in 4th! Time SAME

Customer Question

I just took my 2015 Passat in for the 4th! Time for the SAME problem. Fuel too rich,erg problems. They have changed all egr items, replaced the fuel tank, replaced the charcoal canister. Now going to fix timing cams and whatever as I know this is not a complete list of what's been done. Should I go for lemon law and dump car or let them keep trying? Has 17,565 on it
Category: VW
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I can assist you
My honest opinion is that if you can get what its worth get rid of it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I must admit to having hoped for a longer answer than that. Like, someone knowledgeable about the VW Passat model history with such problems? Maybe some options on how to go about getting the problem solved before warranty ends?That answer took absolutely NO homework or good knowledge of my vehicle type or similar problems of that model. Certainly let me know not to bother paying $28 for a 16 word, one liner opinion that my mother-in-law could have given.I also see that you are a GM mechanic, not even familiar with, or work on my line of cars. This service is NOT a service.
Hello Sir I doubt there are many people with my experience on VW. I am not a GM mechanic and have never worked on them although I can fix them as good as a so called specialist can. I answered you on the pure fact that you have had the dealer trying to repair this thing now for the fourth time. You didn't ask anything else besides should you keep the car or get rid of it and I answered. Im going to opt out and let someone else handle your question. Thanks and good luck.