Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs

Car lost power under heavy acceleration. Showing codes P2015,

Customer Question

Car lost power under heavy acceleration. Showing codes P2015, P2293, P0172 and P12A1.
JA: Losing power while driving is stressful -- not to mention dangerous -- you should look into this with a mechanic ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2009 vw Passat 2.0t
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just ran it for codes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: The intake carbon buildup was cleaned out about six month ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hi I'm Kevin all the codes you have relate to parts that are removed when manifold is removed . Can you see any fuel leaks below inlet manifold area ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, and I don't smell gas.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should I start with the fuel pressure sensor?
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
It could be the rail sensor but I would check that all the vacuumed lines are connected to the return valve
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. I do need some more information . vin # ***** the vehiclewhat scan tool do you have? make and modelcan you explain on lost power .. does it go into a limp mode where the rpms are restricted and does the epc light come on?thanks