peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Convertible top on my eos is jammed because something was on

Customer Question

convertible top on my eos is jammed because something was on top of glass top during opening operation
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the display says system fault convertible top workshop
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to unplug battery to reset system. did not work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Most likely one or more fault codes have set with this fault here that require checking with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle and either just cleared out with the scan tool to reset the top operation or if the codes do not reset then the code(s) will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault from there to correct this issue.I would also check for any damaged components with the top system needing repaired or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete