vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Looses power going up hill JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

looses power going up hill
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: try'n to travel over pass seems like power or trans is failing not if smell something from engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: could be low on trans fluid but can't access to verify - no mehanic in this town
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW? OK! The VW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: not sure if its fuel filter trouble but seems like trans wines out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,What is the year, model and engine size of your VW? You stated you smell something from the engine compartment - does it smell like burnt oil, antifreeze, electrical or something else Any warning lights on?