vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I was tryin to find out what these codes are.. 16684, 16685,17521,

Customer Question

i was tryin to find out what these codes are.. 16684, 16685,17521, 16804, 18010, 17925, 17536, 16725, 16622, 18047, and 16706.. I was having some miss firing trouble in my first 2 cyl. before my timing belt went.. now the belt is replaced but im not getting a response
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes.... I have thus far
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: compression test.. checked the timing 3x... tested cam sensor.. bought new battery.. checked fuel system..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: lol no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. I do need a vin # ***** see what engine and year i'm dealing with !! thanks