internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.
63512786

Volkswagen cc sport: Changed oil and filter yesterday. THis

Customer Question

Changed oil and filter yesterday. THis morning got the EPC code. Used the proper oil and filter. Any ideas. Also replaced pcv valve body
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Matt VW tech.The EPC light indicates the drivers by sending codes to the dashboard. The codes indicate there is a problem with one of the sensor. Maybe something came loose while you did the oil change. The only way to find out is to hook up an OBD2 scanner to the vehicle's computer. A "P" code will give you an idea what is wrong with the car. They sell the code reader in Amazon.com or autozone store. Some autozone store might be able to run the scan for you for free.Please rate me positive,thank you!