gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Alarm will not disengage dosn,t appear the same in my 99 Jetta

Customer Question

Alarm will not disengage dosn,t appear the same in my 99 Jetta not shur jumper wire will be the same as these
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Have tried all the VW alarm tricks no results would like to place bypass jumper on the relay wiring harness the relay box is black and has more than 6 pln
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have the dash apart and the relay box loss from mount yes
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: Thinking this is related to radio missing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with a remote or with the key blade itself and see if the alarm then disengages.If this is or was already tried and did not work here let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have tried all the normal VW alarm tricks factory radio is gone they may have been linked want to disable alarm system permanent doesn't have same 6 pin conecter as a 98 reluctant to jumper wire till I'm certain

Unfortunately I do not show or know of a procedure myself on how to disable or remove this alarm system on your model here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your answer is blurred
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still waiting for answer
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 6 months ago.

Are you still looking for help with this vehicle?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What more do you need

So- there are two systems on these cars, the "alarm" (which is part of the comfort module) and the "immobilizer" which is part of the cluster.

Are you having a problem with the alarm going off, the car not starting, or starting and dying?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Alarm going off car not stating

OK- since you don't have the stock radio, that isn't the problem- as the issue there happens when the radio is pulled out and the pins make contact. So you have an issue with your hood latch, one of your doors, or your trunk. You can disconnect the hood latch over on the passenger side, follow the wiring from the latch over to a connector at the radiator support at the top edge. That will take it out of the equation.

Do each of your doors activate the dome light? Put the key in the ignition, turn the dome light to "door open", and open and close each door in turn. With the key on, the light will come on with the door open, and turn off right away when the door closes (with the key not on, the light will stay on for about 20 seconds and fade out)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The phone call will be a lot faster
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's late I'm tired would like to go to bed soon. Will you call me tonight?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
27000 miles most of most of the lights Windows and locks are out no longer a consern you have a post of a 98 Jetta getting a buy pass. 6 pin plug in silver box behind light switch is black and 12 pin x 2 witch color do I jump to get the starter relay to energize. The the rest won't mater I think. Good night TimG
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/campingart/jettatech/alarmcentralhelp/alarmhelp2.htm#6
Here's the site that fixes a98 Jetta find this guy I need to do this to my 99 Jetta the wiring harness has a 12 pin plug instead of 6 don't want to place jumper in wrong place.
TimG
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I get my money back are you interessted in the right answer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The issue has been solved I can sell you the answer if you like