vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

Do you charge JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

do you charge for this
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My aux and bluetooth in my vw jetta 2009 used to work but due to a battery replacement they stopped working after putting the new battery in. This was 2.5 years ago. I decided to try again and see if I could get them to work. I tried to hook up my cell phone and all of a sudden lights came on the dashboard. Just about everything and I couldnt start the car or move it. I disconnected battery and then battery was dead so had to jumpstart it. After doing so I went to drive the car and now it is missing and has no power and engine light came on.
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well maybe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: Just that I am sick about it, like my car ran fine last night and then I did this to it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 5 months ago.
I can help you since the battery went dead the coding for the radio has been lost because of the battery getting drained what you will need to have done is have the dealer code the radio and make sure there is a #1 at the end of the coding . I hope this helps.Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this feedback/rating thank you