Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

I got a 2001 vw jetta 2.0 non turbo it burns oil and has oil

I got a 2001 vw jetta 2.0 non turbo it burns oil and has oil in the intake tube and throttle body.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with your VW. I w I'll try to help you with the problem. I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not thereHave you looked at the pcv to see if it's bad? Or have you replaced it lately?Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I disconnected the pcv hose from the pcv valve and drove it around and it seems that it is still using oil, I replaced spark plugs and clean the intake befor I did that the car would smoke realy bad while driving and it fouled the plugs.
Gotcha, if you disconnect it, make sure to plug the hose off from it. You may need to run it around for several days as it will be pooled up in the bottom of the intake and other places in the intake if it's really bad. Unless of course you take the whole intake off and flush it out. That being said, the only way for oil to get in the intake is from the PCV. but you may have multiple problems if the pcv doesn't fix it. If it's only a part of the problem then I'm afraid I won't have good news. There are only 2 other ways for the oil to get into the combustion chamber. If the PCV isn't the only problem then you will have a major engine problem.
The other 2 ways are, the valve stem seals, which would mean taking the head off. (It's possible to do it with the head on but it's really tricky). Or it's the rings on the piston. Which means the whole engine has to be taken apart.
I hope tho that it's just the PCV. Try running around for 3 or 4 days with it unhooked. Plug the hose off of it and put a breather or filter off the PCV as you don't want it to get crud in there. A sponge zip tied over the opening should work fine.
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks
Sonny
Has this been helpful at all? Let me know so I can be of further assistance.Thanks
Sonny