vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Thanks help! my low beam headlights went out, not

Customer Question

hi thanks for your help! my low beam headlights went out, not at the same time but within the same month. today we bought new bulbs to replace the old ones, which were obviously burnt out but it still won't work. my high beams work fine. we checked the fuses and they looked good.
JA: Working headlights are essential for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if i can.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just replacing the old bulbs and looking at the fuses. the wires on the harness were tangled but nothing looked burnt or broken
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: other than that theres nothing wrong with it. never had a major issue. has 59,000 miles i live in the desert so its really hot/really cold
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, first, I need to get the year and model of your VW.