vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Emergency brake shows up as engaged and makes dinging alert

Customer Question

Emergency brake shows up as engaged and makes dinging alert sound even though the ebrake is fully depressed down
JA: When it comes to solving emergency brake issues, getting the right information makes all the difference. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: See above
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried pushing e brake up and down doesn't make a change
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please tell me what the cost would be to fix this?
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is John.Let's see if we can identify what is wrong first then we can talk about price. The simple thing that could be the cause is low brake fluid level. That will cause the same light to come on. The brake fluid reservoir is under the hood and directly in front of where the driver sits. Try topping that up and see if that fixes it. Is the ABS warning light on also?Let me know what you find.