vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Tried to see if i had a fuse, removed than put back in

Customer Question

tried to see if i had a blown fuse, removed than put back in two good fuse now car won't start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: thought might have blown fuse to power ports (none working) opened fuse panel. no labeling. pulled two small ones (labeled 5 and 10)looked good replaced them. now will not stay running
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: wondering if by pulling two small fuses i could have caused this
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: no, running fine before this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. I do need some more information I do need the vin # ***** the vehicle to get the correct repair informationi do need to know which fuse box you were involved in .thanks