vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I just went to Les Schwab to have something checked on my tires,

Customer Question

I just went to Les Schwab to have something checked on my tires, and as I was leaving and got onto the freeway, a yellow light came on. It is a triangle with a exclamation point, and a clockwise circle with an arrow at the end around the triangle. I noticed that it also began to shift weirdly.
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I would like to fix it myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, I had to go to work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: I bought it less than 2 weeks ago from a dealership, and I took it back to them because there was a number of problems that I couldn't list, but they fixed them for me. I got it back yesterday and noticed a rattling sound near my tires, so I took it to Les Schwab and said something was loose near the tire and they tightened it up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 10 months ago.
Ok the light you have on is a traction control light many things can cause this light to come on more then likely you have a failed sensor causing the issue but the best way to check this is using a scan tool to check the trouble codes in the engine control module and make sure they did not leave anything unplugged . i hope this helps.Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you
Please don't forget the rating thanks