Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

THERE IS OIL LEAKING FROM THE FRONT RHS OF THE ENGINE. IT

Customer Question

THERE IS OIL LEAKING FROM THE FRONT RHS OF THE ENGINE. IT LEAKS APPARENTLY ON TO THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD AND CAUSES A BURNING SMELL AND SMOKE.I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT MAY BE A PROBLEM FROM THE TURBO OR THE TANDEM PUMP . DOES IT SEEM THAT I WILL NEED TO REPLACE THE TURBO OR IF THE SEALS ARE LEAKING ON THE TURBO CAN IT BE REPLACED/REPAIRED .WHAT IS THE MOST LIKELY SCENARIO TO YOU WITH THIS PROBLEM.THE CAR IS NOT LACKING POWER AT ALL AND SEEMS TO BE IN GOOD RUNNING ORDER WITH NO WARNING LAMPS SHOWING ON THE DASHBOARD
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Hi im kevin if te turbo is leKing oil externally then its likely its a seal for the feed or return oil pipe meaning a simple repair .if the tandem pump is leaking oil again its kikely just a seal that need to be replaced.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Please rate my service