Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist

Car runs fine, then it decellerates and will only go about

Customer Question

Car runs fine, then it decellerates and will only go about 10 miles an hour. Engine light comes on. If you stop and turn car off and restart, it works for a while but problem reoccurs. 2009 Tiguan automatic transmission
JA: Many things can cause problems with an automatic transmission. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Don't think it is a transmission problem. Think it has to do with the electronic pedal control
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: Has 66,000 miles. Water pump was replaced within the last week or 10 days.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hi im kevin its possible it could be engine or gearbox but i think engine system is more likely with the description you give .the only real way to find the cause is to have car plugged into diagnostic machine and have fault codes read
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Please rate my service