vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My name is ***** ***** I have a 2000 Jetta tdi that is not

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a 2000 Jetta tdi that is not getting any power to the fuel pump? I checked all fuse and relay all good Put a new fuel pump in still nothing running out of place to check?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A lot of forms I read say that my model of car has no electric fuel pump? So what is under the back seat is another question I have.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. On your model there is no fuel pump in the tank only a float to tell how much fuel is in the tank. The process of fuel transfer is the draw of the injector pump from the tank to the pump and then to the injectors. What fuel pump did you replace ? before the "part" replacement . can you explain more ..... did the car stall while driving? the more info you can give the better chance of a quick fix (possibly) thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya I figured that out last night while I was waiting for a response thanks anyways.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
I just got online. So do you still need help?