internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.

It is a 2008 Touareg base. A warning message came on taht shoed

Customer Question

It is a 2008 Touareg base. A warning message came on taht shoed Oil Sensor Workshop. The oil level is fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: *That showed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. The info. online is vague.
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.I don't understand your first sentence. Are you saying the oil level warning is ON however the oil level is fine.If that is the case the oil level sensor is bad. A replacement unit is necessary.The sensor is about 100 - 120 dollars. Which engine do you have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Base V6
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The exact message is "Oil Sensor Workshop". That is verbatim. The oil level is fine. I just had an oil change about a month ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is the sensor something I can change. I've no idea where it is located.
Yes, you could change it yourself not a hard job. I would advise you to drain out the oil first so it will make the job easier.The sensor cost $100 part number is ***** and the oil level sensor seal is $5 part number is###-##-####Please rate me positive, thank you!.
The sensor is near the oil drain plug.
Here is a picture of the part.