vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I have a 2006 Jetta GLI, it had a "false neutral " with flashing

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jetta GLI, it had a "false neutral " with flashing PRNDS flashing on the dash.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was placed in the shop, I do not have the code with me currently.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Gearbox was checked for good wire connection, temp sensor was checked, clutch was checked. All ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: My question to you is Mechanic was told to just change the transsmission fluid and drive it for about 25 min. He was told sometime this resets the codes?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I would like to know how this works, and if this is a normal vw practice?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. did you perform a scan test to see what faults are stored in the transmission?vag com scan tool is preferred!! let me know!! Wolfgang