vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Scirocco: , I have a VW Scirocco 2011 2.0

Customer Question

I have a VW Scirocco 2011 2.0 TSI, with 60K Km on the Odometer that I bought last month.
Last week the following started to happen:
When I try to start the car, the whole car blacks out (the dashboard goes off completely, the lock-unlock doors doens't work anymore, and ignition also).
I have to close the door, press the unlock/lock on the remote key a couple of times until the flashers goes on indicating that power is back. I can then get in the car and start it normally.
At this point, it looks like all the car settings are reset, and the saved radio channels are all reset.
This so far has happened a couple of times intermittently, but looks like the frequency is increasing.
Any idea what could be causing this??
Thanks for your help
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. On your vehicle did you perform a full car scan on all modules ? if not please do with vag com scan tool . This scan can narrow down the possibilities of what needs to be checked. please post all codes here thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Wolfgang,Thank you for your honesty. I will actually do the scans on Saturday, but i thought that i post the question here to see if anyone might have experienced something like this before and to narrow down the possibilities to a common fault or something.
In all cases i will write the fault codes here when i get them.Thanks for your help.
Mohamad
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.
my pleasure will hear from you saturday