Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Volkswagen Beetle: I am having a multitude of problems with

Customer Question

I am having a multitude of problems with the controls on my fience's 09 beetle convert. The drivers window is stuck fown about 3 inches. the top wont go down. the individual window switches wont work, but the one that operates all of them together will put the back and passenger windows down. The door open light is on all the time. and sometimes when the passenger window is down it will creep up on its own. Any ideas?
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** all these symptoms, you have a bad drivers door lock module F220, and it is a very common repair, we do alot of them, the door lock module is built into the door latch, and it also has the sensor for the door closed, when these fail, it thinks the door ois open, and it wont control the window, thus not letting the top down, are you planning to replace this your self?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes. I plan on replacing it myself. What is the difficulty level on this part replacement?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 months ago.
Its not very difficult, but you will need to remove the trim panel on that door, and you will need a special impact driver to loosen the scres on the latch, other than that, just remove the rods form the latch, and the electrical connector and the screws holding the latch on,Tim
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Roger that. When I get home today I will dive into it. What do you mean by special impact driver?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 months ago.
it is a special tool, that goes into the big phillips head screws on the latch, then you strike it with a hammer to loosen it, they are very tight, and can strip out if you dont use an impact driver,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 months ago.
Please dont forgt to rate me so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will definitely do that and I will also contact you if I have any further questions. Thanks for the help. Part should be in Friday.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 months ago.
I see yiu still have not rate, once you rate me, you can come back to this question and ask follow ups at no charge, but I dont get credit unless you rate me,Tim