vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2011 jetta se ac not working well at all, installed guage set

Customer Question

2011 jetta se ac not working well at all, installed guage set and static psi @ 60-70. turn on ac and low or high side hardly move. condenser fans work. cabin filters clean. blend doors seem to work, is thios vehicle equiped with vdc and no clutch and what controls or sends signal to comp?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: adding a charge
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. was the gauge reading lower before the charge or not?any recent work performed on the vehicle?any accidents recently? let me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Slightly, no and no
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.
ok try this have the car running and a/c on inside. take a small hammer and tap near about 5 times at the connector of the compressor housing and see if the a/c starts to blow cold. let me know