Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I'm removing the passenger side mirror unit from a 2008 New

Customer Question

I'm removing the passenger side mirror unit from a 2008 New Beetle, and I've reached a point where I'm stuck.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've removed the door panel, disconnected the mirror's power cord, and removed the T screw at the top, inside the door, that goes to the mirror's plastic housing. I can't get the bottom part disconnected
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm in the process of removing the mirror, so that I can fix the interior part - a metal pivot point - that's broken
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: no, that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 months ago.
See attached pictures. Remove bolts - 1 - and remove triangular panel - 2 - toward rear - arrow -.