vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Replaced the dog batteries and still will not open locked car

Customer Question

JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My ignition key is in the car. Cannot open doors or good and I left it in gear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have a mechanic on the way....but, what could be wrong? I am 60, car is 98. Don't want to have wrong thing done....I luv this bu g
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 7 months ago.
If you do not have a extra key then you will need to have a locksmith open the vehicle for you , if you have replaced the battery in the remote and won't open the vehicle then either you have a faulty remote or a issue with a blown fuse make sure all the fuses are good on the drivers side of the dash you will need to open the drivers door to see the fuse box on the side of the dash , those are 2 of the most common issues that will cause your problem . I hope this helps.Please dont forget to provide feedback/rating for the help provided thank you