vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Radio went completely dark yesterday. 2010 Jetta TDI Original

Customer Question

Radio went completely dark yesterday. 2010 Jetta TDI Original battery 6 years old. last time it was serviced dealer said battery was getting weak
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hard time starting a few times yeserday also
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turn car on and off. seems to start ok. removed battery and am going to take to town and replace. theni
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: aw this site
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. on your radio does the clock even show at all?did you install a new battery yet?please let me know