vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Replaced battery in my volks gti ,and now wheni open the door

Customer Question

replaced battery in my volks gti ,and now wheni open the door my door lights come but nothing on the dash and it wont crank over
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: no new battery just changed it
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: every thing was fine till I changed the battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I told you the old battery went dead and I put anew one in it and now it wont crank and the dash wont light up
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 months ago.
Have you checked fuses yet ??