vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

My name is ***** ***** and I just did a head gasket on my car

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I just did a head gasket on my car and when I put it all back together it started up but then proceeded to die shortly after. Then it took a while to get it running again but once I did I had to keep pressure on the throttle to keep it running or else it would bog down and die again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I made sure the timing was right and everything I got all the connectors hooked up but it just wouldn't stay idling.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 10 months ago.
Do you have any faults in the ecm?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not that I know of no. I scanned it and a code for p1544 came up
OK you have a fault for no basic settings for the throttle body you will need a capable scan tool to be able to set the basic settings done so the vehicle can run correctly . I hope this helps.Please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided thank you