vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I HAVE A 2006 PASSAT WITH A P0301 CODE. I HAVE SWAPPED THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2006 PASSAT WITH A P0301 CODE. I HAVE SWAPPED THE COIL, THE PLUG, AND THE INJECTOR WITH NO CHANGE. THE PLUG DOES NOT LOOK WET AFTER RUNNING THE ENGINE.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: THE ENGINE RUNS ROUGH. NBR 1 CYL MISFIRES. SEEMS NO FUEL IN THIS CYLINDER.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: PLUG, COIL INJECTOR
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 11 months ago.
Have you done a compression check in that cylinder ?? and also cylinder leakage test ??any other faults ?? Please answer all my questions.