Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Volkswagen Cabrio: 02 vw cabrio. oil pressure light flashes

Customer Question

02 vw cabrio. oil pressure light flashes and alarm constant beeping after engine temp gets to normal. *it has new oil pump - - plenty of 5w30 synthetic oil - - runs perfect temp. HOW can I get the beeper to stop? thx..kevin p.
Category: VW
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kevin I'd say its likely that the oil pressure switch is likely to be faultythis is located on the side of the block this video shows how to test the switchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QEms7EGCPU
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you