vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I have the TCM removed and visually inspection the board and

Customer Question

I have the TCM removed and visually inspection the board and components with no visible signs of damage or corrosion. Is there an easy way to test the TCM?
Category: VW
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,Not all module electronic failures are visible.It would be unlikely for anybody with limited resources to test a TCM and prove which component may be faulty.It would need to be connected to all of the inputs and outputs so it doesn't log codes for external components not connected.If you have fitted a new TCM and the car is ok now, then I don't think you will get very far other than the visual you have already had.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The car is not okay, a new motor was installed and now it has transmission issues, so I thought I would check the TCM first if possible.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Ok.If the trans was ok prior, then I doubt is it a TCM problem.I would be asking the engine fitter.What is the car doing now, not selecting gears, thumping etc?Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,Do you need any further assistance?Gary