vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I have a 07 Touareg starting problem a buzzing coming from

Customer Question

I have a 07 Touareg starting problem a buzzing coming from under the driver seat ,after gaining access found a relay trying to energize,removed rely and cycled key depressed brake and started car had to install relay to be able to shift into gear rela did not try to energize until I shut the car off, restarted and road tested the car it shifted fine but a cel stayed on and a key code was showing in the info center any ideas? if I had a wiring diagram it would help with diagnosis. vin #wvgze77l77d009827 my name is ***** ***** for any help.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang , Master VW tech here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. i do need some more info Dennis.can you post a pic of the instrument cluster with the engine running?are there any signs of dampness of the carpet ? please lift up the monster mats and please feel .please let me know!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good morning Wolfgang ,thanks for responding at this moment I can't get the picture to you but later this morning I will and I will check for the moisture under the mats.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
great !! just let me know!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
any new info?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well I'm not sure I went out to take a picture as you requested and when I turned the key and started the car everything was back to normal no light's on so I drove around for about 2 hrs all seems well.I didn't do anything to the car, we will have to see what happens.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
ok i do believe the issue will return !! just let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sure you are correct but at this time I will wait and get with you when it does and use the requests you asked for.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
got it!!