peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I own a 2015 VW bug. Key is stuck in ignition and car will

Customer Question

I own a 2015 VW bug. Key is stuck in ignition and car will not turn off. Disconnected battery and car is running from alternator.
What can I do
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Try jiggling the key back and forth to see if it then frees up and turns off.It sounds like the ignition cylinder itself has jammed up as the tumblers inside of it can jam and cause this here.Being a 2015 model this should all be covered under warranty at a dealer for diagnosis and repair and they will even cover a tow bill if you need to have it towed to them so they can check into and repair this here.If it is still running you can locate an ignition fuse in your fuse panels and remove them and see if it turns off then.If this does not work let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete