internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.

Pearl I am replacing a turbo on a 2012 VW GTI and wanted to

Customer Question

Pearl I am replacing a turbo on a 2012 VW GTI and wanted to know how many labor hours to charge the insurance company.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2012 VW GTI that was damaged in a front end collision.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have mechanics at my shop Yes.
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: We already have the turbo installed I just don't have any info on what to charge the insurance company.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Matt. VW tech.According to VW the labor rate for turbo charge replacement is 6.0 hours.Typically a VW tech charge $120 per hour.Please rate me positive, thank you!