peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: DID TIMING BELT KIT. Would start and quit right away. Jumped both fuel pumps to prime. Started and ran. Changed fuel filter. Same thing again. Re-primed. Started and ran a few minutes and quit. Again primed. Same thing again, re-primed and will only run for a second. Ran obd diagnostic. Nothing. Any ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Can you tell me the year and make as well as engine liter size in this model here?Was anything else done on the vehicle that may have caused the no fuel/no start issue? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2010 VW Jetta TDI 2.0
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no other issues
Is your scan tool one that is able to communicate with all computers in your model to check all computers for any codes set?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
borrowed obd scanner from O'reillys. showed no codes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
am I on hold?
I apologize for the delay. MOst of the time the scan tool from a parts store is only one that can read out engine codes.There is most likely one or more codes set related to this issue here needing diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault.This may be the engine computer shutting down the fuel pump due to a theft code set and the theft relearn may need relearned by a dealer with their computer as this is a common fault for this issue here.Double check and make sure all connections are clean and tight in the work area where you had repaired under the hood as well as that nothing was bumped loose or damaged in any way needing reconnected or replaced.If all of these are o.k. and all fuses are o.k. then a scan tool is needed that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once done the codes are then diagnosed and repaired.I suspect that this is a security fault here with the theft relearn needing done.A dealer or authorized repair center will usually charge around an hours labor to do this relearn. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not paying somebody to read a troubleshooting guide to me. You are telling me nothing I didn't know and is not a theft code. If you don't have any real answers, refund my money!
I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I get my money back?
I will send this to customer service for you. Thanks Pete