Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

My oil pan crack and when I pulled out the old one there were

Customer Question

My oil pan crack and when I pulled out the old one there were white pices of plastic inside the pan
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: That I see
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It's a 2000 Passat 2.8*****
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.The plastic pieces can be from the oil pick-up strainer or something else there are several small plastic parts inside the engine. I have seen this a few times but never had a problem with something that came loose. So I would say you do not have to worrie about it. Greetings,Martin.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Idk there pretty big
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Yes they are sometimes I have seen that too..mostly the pieces are from lips or corners I do not think you have to worrie about them at all. Anyway to strip the engine to find out where they are from will be some undertaking.Greetings,Martin.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I just put the oil pan and put oil and my check engine light is bliking and feel like is out of time you don't think is the cct crank chain tensioner
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Hi,If the chain tensioner is slack then you should also hear a noisy operation from the chain. Greetings,Martin.