peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Volkswagen Eos: 2008 VW Eos top never goes down after winter

Customer Question

2008 VW Eos top never goes down after winter of no use. Take to dealer, 5 minutes they bring it back working and a big bill. What do they do?
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I would ask the dealer what they are doing for the bill they are charging you.If it is a large bill in the hundreds I suspect a sensor or component is acting up and they are manually triggering the sensor or component to get the top to operate or replacing a component over and over every time you go in.You will need to ask the dealer what they are doing to get the top operating again.Then ask them why they have to do that every time and what can you do to correct it yourself. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete