Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Volkswagen Cabrio: ,was replacing daughters starter in 2001

Customer Question

hi,was replacing daughters starter in 2001 cabrio,started after replacing it,turned car off took key,alarm went off(daughter at work with door and remote key,so i pulled pos term off,put back on started up but after 2 min started bucking,then turned off ,ne just cranks,no spark at coil,did new coil,new crank sensor,with key on ,theres power across 2 out poles on coil wire,and when cranking the center 1 flashes,still no spark, pease help daughter is a nag lol
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Check and make sure all wiring and connections at and around the starter are all o.k.If a fault is found with any of these connections or wiring at all this will need repaired to correct this fault here.I have seen in some cases where wiring at fault will cause a fault like this here after starter replacement.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi peter,all looks ok wires by starter,everything tight,smell fuel,so signal to injectors i suppose is working,i dont get it,anyway to test coil,i have volt tester,ohms and all ,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
doubt if new coil could b bad ???
Have you had the fault codes checked at all or can you get the codes checked at all possibly?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there were 2 1 was cat is below specs,and other was pcv ,i have both just waiting to get running i have obd and obd 2
This is a tough one for me to diagnose from here unfortunately.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thx peter
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Would you like me to try and help?