vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I own a 2003 VW New Beetle with 80,000 actual ***** *****.

Customer Question

I own a 2003 VW New Beetle with 80,000 actual ***** *****. It has a 5 speed standard transmission. The electric windows, power door locks, remote door lock, and the trunk lid release has stopped working. I don't know if it is a blown fuse or not and really don't know where the fuse box is on this car. Do you have any idea what may be causing this problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As far as I know that is the only things that have stopped working on this car.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. i do need some more information!! i do need a vin # ***** look up the factory informationany recent repairs done to the vehicle?any recent accidents?\noticed any water leaks or water on the floor?please let me know!! thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1-Vin # ***** *****
2-Had to replace the A. C. condenser about 10 months ago.
3-No accidents.
4-No water leaks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
ok please check fuse 6 and 38 on the drivers side end dash panel fuse box and please let me know if they are blown. second do you have a volt meter to check voltage at the fuses?