vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Ok, here goes.. JA: The mechanics have tons of experience

Customer Question

ok, here goes..
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I have a 2009 tdi jetta, the warning lights come on at different times, all the lights may come on however theses are the most prevelant. engine, glow plug, and the car with traction. I can turn the car off wait a minute and restart, all is fine for a little while. when the dash lights come on the car goes into limp mode.
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: i get the following codes P0087, u0121, P0401, P047A
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon i can help you the fault #p047b is for a faulty exhaust pressure sensor located next to the coolant reservoir and the other fault you should have to worry about it fault # ***** its related to low fuel pressure more then likely you have fuel contamination in the high pressure fuel pump , Have the solenoid off the high pressure fuel pump remove and check for metal contamination this will cause the vehicle not too run anymore if the high pressure fuel pump is failing and breaking apart . I hope this helps .Please dont forget to provide feedback/rating we as experts rely on this thank you