rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

When i put my foot on the pedal and accelerate there is noting.

Customer Question

when i put my foot on the pedal and accelerate there is noting. The car still drives, but i can feel anything while driving, it accelerates very slowly and when i do accelerate there is only a small point on the pedal where i can actually feel the car accelerating
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: the car is a 2003 volkswagen jetta tdi 1.9
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Sounds like low fuel pressure or a plugged exhaust. Scan data would also help us right now as well as a fuel pressure test and vacuum gauge test.Thanks, Ron