Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have a 2006 gti that has a power loss at higher rpm's and

Customer Question

i have a 2006 gti that has a power loss at higher rpm's and the epc light and engine light come on. i have replaced the fuel filter and the cam follower. the cam follower was worn but wasn't worn through, no noticible damage to the cam or the hpfp. also cleaned the mass air flow sensor. when put on the OBDII sensor the following codes came up:
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 0087
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: 2296
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: 2293
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Customer: and 0171
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The code P0087 can be set due to any of the following, with the High Pressure Fuel Pump being the most common.Defective Electric Fuel PumpDefective Intake CamshaftDefective Mechanical Fuel PumpIn order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing , see the steps in the link below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Pressure%20pump%20Apr%208.pdfI would start first with code as it can cause the lean codes your getting to set as well.