vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Won't start. Have spark and the fuel pump does prime when the

Customer Question

won't start. Have spark and the fuel pump does prime when the ignition is turned on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: replaced the fuel filter two weeks ago
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2000 Jetta. 2.0 C code
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. i do need some more information. i do need the vin # ***** so i can get the factory repair info of the vehicle have you tried shooting carb cleaner in the intake to see if it will run ?was a scan test performed to see if any codes are stored in the ecu?please let me know Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1. 3VWSC29MXYM095044
2. No I have not.
3. Have tried several times and cannot connect to the ecu via the obdII port
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
please try that carb spray. when you turn the key on does the check engine light come on in the dash?does this have an aftermarket stereo?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Carb spray did not work. Still won't start.
Check engine light does come on with key.
Has had an aftermarket radio for years.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
i bet the radio is wired to the communication wire. can you try to disconnect the harness to the radio and then retry scanning the car?