Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 2010 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo CBFA motor with a P0236 code

Customer Question

I have a 2010 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo CBFA motor with a P0236 code and P0420 codes. Need assistance.
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 9 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great
what all have you tried/replaced?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dealer replace the ecm and programmed it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also replaced O2 sensors 2 and 3.
ok
the 236 is for your air charge sensor
the 336 code may be causing the 02 sensor code
so,lets fix the 236 code
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do we replace the sensor?
i would think that it does need replaced,,but im going to gve you some tests..stand by
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux60cocc2ouodu0/0406-vw-gti-DTC%20Tables.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/ux60cocc2ouodu0/0406-vw-gti-DTC%20Tables.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced boost pressure sensor and resolved P0236. I still have the P0420 after clearing out the original codes and driving the car.
hidoes it run better now?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not feel a difference driving.
okdo you have a way of testing the fuel pressure,,if so,let me know what you havethanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do, where is the port located?
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb2bicje9r36fmm/0407-vw-Fuel%20Pressure.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/eb2bicje9r36fmm/0407-vw-Fuel%20Pressure.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help